Monday, December 9, 2013

Co-op Experience


One of the benefits of being an Iron Range Engineering student is the opportunity to work as a Co-op for local companies.  This semester I was able to work for PolyMet on an environmental engineering project.  PolyMet has a strong commitment to the protection of the environment, and works toward the best possible process to keep Northern Minnesota clean. 

                It has been an incredible learning experience to work for this company, I have gained technical and practical engineering knowledge that I would not have experienced while attending a traditional engineering program.  I am glad that PolyMet is allowing me to extend this Co-op into next semester, and I look forward to expanding my technical knowledge of chemical and environmental engineering, and my professional skills.




Written by:  Kate Olafson
Edited and Approved by: Kevin Pylka (PolyMet)

No comments:

Post a Comment