Friday, October 2, 2009

Daily Journal 10-2-09

Yesterday, Ron implemented a new (for lack of a better word) “game”. This “game” is intended for personal/group gain only. What’s happening is IRE is being split into two teams (the gold versus the blue). This leaves seven people per team. Now, every week there will be a team leader on one team and everyone else will be under his/her order. When the week is over the group will be graded by the leader (in a one to six fashion) and the leader will be graded by the other members (in general).
I see where great potential can come from this. In a perfect world, only good things would come. However, we are not in a perfect world. Personally, I won’t have a problem being told that I am sixth place in group of student’s whose potential is already set at a very high standard. I could sleep just fine knowing that. But I am kind of leery about other consequences that could come with this little “game”.
I don’t want this to be a competition. I have decided that my intentions are going to be the same as any other day in IRE when we are working. “Impressing is not our message, just let us do what we do”. This is how I feel and I am excited to see how things change from here on out.
~Matthew Korpela

No comments:

Post a Comment