Monday, January 21, 2013

Co-Op at ESSAR

This semester I was given the opportunity to improve my professional, design, and technical skills by doing a co-op with ESSAR Steel. ESSAR Steel is a new taconite mine currently under construction. It is located on the west side of the Iron Range outside of Nashwauk, Minnesota.

Currently I am involved in two projects. First, I am designing piping layout drawings for the mill bay and reclaim tunnels. These drawings will be used by contractors as a reference when the piping installation occurs. The second project involves designing a portable screw conveyor that will be used to collect dirt and debris around the mill bays. This will ensure safety and a clean work environment.

I feel that this co-op will be a nice way to end my time here at IRE. Particularly, it will be a nice transition into the professional world upon graduation. The reason behind this is I am able to work with professionals on a day to day basis and I get to see how to conduct myself accordingly. That being said, I hope to continue on this journey with ESSAR upon graduation, as they are a great company with an innovative spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment