Thursday, May 3, 2012

What is surprising?

            So I’ve reached the end of my first semester as an IRE student.  In looking back on it all, I am asking myself one important question: What is the thing that has surprised me the most?  That is a toss-up between how much I have learned in a relatively short period of time and how much of my past education outside of engineering I have utilized in areas of my learning.  I am amazed when I reflect on what I didn’t know in mid-January that I now have a much better grasp of.  The IRE model of learning based on you has facilitated that immensely.  And from my Vet Tech background, I have assisted in my own learning in multitudes of areas.  I truly believed I would be throwing away my degree when I started engineering, but IRE has shown me that is not the case, for which I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment