Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My First Semester at IRE


My first project as an IRE student came to a close after the final design review presentation. I was a part of the ∆T∆S Slider project. This project was an entrepreneurial project that I worked on with Spencer Johnson, Melissa Hoppe, and Jason Anderson. We make up the Generation four here at IRE and just started this semester.  

The goal of the slider is to produce an improvement upon the current available camera sliders systems. To accomplish this, the slider will be light-weight, portable, automatic, and have both the dolly and time lapse functions.  The main purchasers of the system will be film and photo enthusiasts that want the best visual effects in their work.  The stand out point of the ΔTΔS will be its low, affordable price tag for high quality integrated technology.

As a first semester student I am very pleased with the project and the results we have gotten. We have a working prototype that fits all of our goals set at the beginning of the semester. I look forward to my future project experiences here at IRE.

Posted by: Matt Sjostrand
Proofed by: Andrew McNally  

No comments:

Post a Comment