Thursday, April 26, 2012

IRE - A Retrospective


The semester is coming to a close once again, and as a graduating senior, it’s a good time to reflect on my experiences at IRE. I have worked on a variety of projects, such as creating a data-retrieval program for pacemakers, designing process controls for a paper mill, and evaluating the electrical design of a substation. These projects have exposed me to several different aspects of what an engineer does, and I have been able to relate all my projects to my technical learning. I have also witnessed the rooms at IRE undergo several re-designs, and I am excited to see the new IRE building after its construction.

Along with the engineering experience comes a dynamic curriculum. As a growing program, we are still refining the best way to educate engineers, so students can witness firsthand what works in the program and what doesn’t. At times, this can lead to frustration and late nights at IRE, but the program is getting better, and we are all capable of shaping the best way to learn engineering.

Despite the hardships I have been through, I am positive that going to Iron Range Engineering was the best choice for me, and I would gladly recommend it to anybody pursuing an engineering career. In just a few weeks, I will graduate as an engineer with an electrical emphasis. This is only the beginning of my lifelong learning.

Proofread by Michael Rudi

No comments:

Post a Comment