Sunday, April 29, 2012

CO-OP project


This semester Grant Graupmann and I have teamed up to work on an entrepreneurial project together. Grant and I are both Generation 2 students working in industry as co-op students. We work for two different companies and are not geographically close to one another. This made working on a project challenging, because face time was very sparse. As it turns out working darn near full time makes things even harder. Nevertheless, we have achieved our goals we set at the beginning of the semester, and have a preliminary product that has been brought through the first stage of a feasibility study. Grant and I are presenting our product and the work we have done during a Final Design review this week. Our hopes are that another group of students at IRE will pick up where we left off and take this product to the next level.

This will be my last design project at IRE. Looking back at my experience thus far at IRE I can honestly say Im glad I came to school here. Although I have one more semester until I graduate I look back at my IRE experience with a smile, and the feeling of a job well done. I have learned how to be a professional and an efficient and quick learner, I have a good job that I thoroughly enjoy, I got my job before I graduated, and I did it all without leaving the Iron Range! What more could I possibly ask for?

Proofed By Matt Sjostrand

No comments:

Post a Comment