Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Projects for PolyMet

Earlier in the summer I was told of an opportunity I may have to work on some projects for PolyMet at part of my work as a summer intern for IRE, and that day came yesterday. I went out to the PolyMet office in Hoyt Lakes and met with Paul Brunfelt and Dave Hughes. They told me of two projects I can help them with. The first involves digitizing and graphing electrical measurements from the last 6 months. This will take a lot of time and organization using Excel. The other project has me working with Bob Soular, a very experienced mine worker, from whom I can learn a lot. We are searching out, measuring/identifying, and recording materials left in the tailings basin area. I look forward to this opportunity to work with engineers and mine workers, and learning what I can about this area of engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment