Friday, June 18, 2010

ASEE National Conference Louisville, KY

This weekend Nick, Alex, Erin and I will travel to Louisville for the annual conference of the American Society of Engineering Educators. Last year I went to the conference in Austin. There are two big take-aways that make this conference extremely valuable. The first is a wide exposure to new ideas and methods in engineering learning. There are literally hundreds of break-out sessions where educators from across the world share their innovations. I usually fill 20-30 pages in my learning journal during this conference. The second take away is networking. The leaders and innovators are there sitting next to you during presentations. You get to meet them, interact, and develop relationships that will be beneficial for years to come. I look forward to having one-on-one meetings with each of the talented members of the IRE advisory board. Look for reports from Louisville next week.

Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment