Thursday, December 6, 2012


Finish Strong

The end of the semester is close and I’ve heard students in other programs talk about how their semesters are winding down. My second semester at IRE began fast and continued ramping up without any indication that it will slow down before I fly off the semester’s cliff (different from the financial one.) If the constantly running Ricoh printer/copier at IRE is any indication, everyone else is just as busy. I use and maintain the printer so often that I have come to regard it as a friend that I call Ricoh.

My team’s daily workspace is near Ricoh and he occasionally needs a short break and some encouragement just like my fellow students. At the end of the United Taconite 5-way Distributor  team’s most recent weekly meeting our mentor ,Dr. Charles Johnson, said to “finish strong.” I liked this simple statement of encouragement, so to all students and Ricoh; finish strong.

1 comment:

  1. That poor printer does need a break, I hope it holds on until the end of Monday!

    ReplyDelete