Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crunch Time...Again

So we are entering the last 5 weeks of the semester, and I personally still have 6 competencies to prove, as well as a project to complete by the third week. On top of all that the internship hunt has heated up as of late and stress levels are at a maximum. I am reminded of how much I just can't wait to be done with school and to have a job. We recently had a lunch speaker that made a few good points. Most important of these is to decide what you value as an individual. I am learning day by day that spending 12+ hours a day at this place is about as far from an ideal situation as I could possibly be. I am confident that I will be able to finish my project on time. Thankfully I have a lot of interest in the Counterweight Lifting system we are working on, so I can stay on task when doing project work. As for the learning, its a war full of tough battles (electronics, material science) and fun experiences (hydraulics, lifting systems), but a war nonetheless. Once this experience is over, I am sure I will look back and realize that the stress levels only prepared me for future employment and that while I may be everwhelmed at my first job, I will have most of the skills necessary to be a success. Proofed by: Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment