Friday, September 17, 2010

If at first you don't succeed... TRY, TRY AGAIN!

So I thought I had an easy task... All I have to do is make a program using C# Visual Studio Computer Programming that opens and imports an XML File. Sounds simple... But wait, what's this? I can't get it to show up on the screen! I went through the program step by step by adding a break point at the button click. It says it opened the file... Where is it?!?! I've tried about a half dozen different codes, and I either can't get them to work, or they all do the same thing... Which is not opening the XML File! With frustration kicking in, I take a break. When I return, I see the program and everything looks right... You guessed it... I get mad again! With no apparent errors on the program I plan on commenting it out (changing it from a code to just words that don't get executed) so I can remember my failure, and start over from scratch. Hopefully I can get this working soon!

Proofread by: Christy Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment